Control Board

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Richard Watts

Control Board

Post by Richard Watts »

There are many scenarios when working, for me at least, when being able to have two iterations of the control board rather than just one showing would help workflow.

For example, so one control board can show the Header, while a separate control board displays Find/Replace in another control board so showing all findings in a list, allowing both to be visible simultaneously without having to toggle between the two, albeit at the expense of using up more desktop space!

I know the Find/Replace dialogue box can be left open to achieve a similar result, but that way the list of findings does not display, just the current one.
Robert

Post by Robert »

When you have started a Find operation through the Find dialog box, you can dismiss the dialog box with the Escape key, and navigate from one find to the next with a press on the F3 key.
You can also select all Find results, and apply a specific highlighting color to them. They are easy to locate then.
HTH
Robert
Richard Watts

Post by Richard Watts »

Thanks for replying. I'm already aware of that ability, but what I'm after is being able to visually see on screen both the find/replace list on the control board AND headings on another control board at the same time, hence my suggestion for having visible two control boards rather than one. At the moment I have to toggle between the find/replace list and the header, which doesn't sound bad, but having to do it dozens of times an hour could be avoided if two control boards were displaying at the same time, once showing headers, the other the find/replace control board. It would improve navigation, at least for the way I work.

Hope that makes more sense, I've kept it to specific scenario to hopefully better illustrate the point I'm (attempting!) to make.
Richard Watts

Post by Richard Watts »

Is this a non-starter, or something which might be considered?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry, but having two instances of the Control Board will not be possible.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Atlantis will soon have this feature.
Richard Watts

Post by Richard Watts »

Fantastic news, thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »