Preserve unsupported DOCX properties/attributes/data

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Dave

Preserve unsupported DOCX properties/attributes/data

Post by Dave »

I was sent a docx recently which included an image. However, when comparing the same docx in Atlantis and Word, everything was displayed the same except for the image which was mirrored/flipped horizontally in Word. When I saved the image in Word, the actual image was as shown by Atlantis (ie. Word was flipping it when loaded/viewed). After contacting Atlantis support, they said this was a feature that isn't supported yet and isn't likely to be (I have posted a separate requst for this basic image manipulation - ie. flip horiz/vertically, rotate - to be included in Atlantis).

To my surprise, when I saved this docx in Atlantis, the flip horiz property/data was lost. To me this is a serious flaw in Atlantis, which makes collaboration on docx files when using Microsoft Word and Atlantis a no-go.

My request is to preserve all of this extra data on Load/Save, which isn't supported by Atlantis, so that collaboration is possible. I wouldn't have thought this would be too difficult to implement, since Atlantis already discards/ingnores this information on load, so it just needs to store this extra data and then include it when the docx is re-saved.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Your request has already been answered by email.

Flooding and advertising third-party tools and services is not allowed on this forum.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I specifically asked in that e-mail conversation if I could post on the forum to see if anyone else might be interested in the same feature, and you said yes.

I posted separate threads for each request as although they are related, they are still separate features, and I assumed it's easier to track when they are broken up.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please stop advertising third-party products through your posts.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I now see that you removed the other requests (nice), even though they were valid so I'll post them here (would've been nice if you could have just merged them into one thread if that's forum policy). Anyway, the othert ideas were:

- Display notification on load (eg. in a dialog) if any docx formatting/document attributes are unsupported. It would be nice if this could information could also be accessible from later while the doc was still open in Atlantis.

- Support basic dynamic docx image manipulation formatting features, like Flip and Rotate. By dynamic, I mean the imported image information should not be modified, but manipulation should occur only during viewing.