Zoom with the wheel

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Eduardo

Zoom with the wheel

Post by Eduardo »

Using my 15 inch laptop, I frequently enlarge the font size by pressing control and using the mouse wheel (forward) to zoom in to a size the suits better my poor vision. However, when I increase past 200 %, the text starts to disappear on both sides of the screen - left and right. Is it possible to correct this?

Thanks.
Eduardo

----

Time is the essence of emptiness.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ctrl+the mouse wheel changes the zoom factor not the font size.

Could you please post screen captures of the document window with and without the "disappearing text"?
Eduardo

Zoom with the wheel

Post by Eduardo »

Please see the attachments.

- Screen shot at 200 % and 250%.

Thanks.
Attachments
Atlantis_200%_zoom.jpg
Atlantis_200%_zoom.jpg (180.19 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Atlantis_250%_zoom.JPG
Atlantis_250%_zoom.JPG (238.04 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
Eduardo

----

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the screen captures. As far as I can see, everything displays as expected. The document window is not wide enough to accommodate the document page under 260% zoom. You have the "Print layout" mode enabled under the "View" menu. And as I understand, the horizontal scrollbar is off on your system (the "View | Scrollbars | Horizontal" command of the main menu). You might wish to enable the scrollbar, or switch to the "View | Draft (Wrap to Window)" mode.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can also scroll the document window without the scrollbars if you press and hold the mouse wheel, and move the mouse pointer in required direction.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Wrap to Window mode solved my problem.

Best regards.
Eduardo

----

Franklinr

mouse wheel enlarging

Post by Franklinr »

I have the latest version, 3.3.3.1, and for all Windows based programs since XP pressing the ctrl and rolling the mouse roller wheel will always enlarge the entire screen. It has no effect on changing the actual font size.
Books by Franklin Reid on Amazon