Find sidebar

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Richard Watts

Find sidebar

Post by Richard Watts »

Hi, as a heavy user of Atlantis a new feature I'd appreciate would be a 'find' box on the toolbar which could be kept open without partly hiding some of the open window, as the find/replace dialogue tends to do.

An even better position, at least for the way I work, would be to have a 'find' box on the document bar?

I mean this would be useful in addition to the current find/replace dialogue, not as a replacement for it.

Regards,

Richard
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What about the Highlight instances of selected text feature?
Richard Watts

Post by Richard Watts »

That feature is useful, but because of the way I work I often have to find an item, and then delete it before finding the next (it's a peculiar work flow issue), so the feature can't then take to me the next instance because I've deleted the previous one (hope that makes sense!). This scenario is admittedly probably unique to me!
Robert

Post by Robert »

What about using the dedicated hot keys? F3 takes you to the next Find. Ctrl+H replaces the first occurrence. Ctrl+Shift+F5 replaces the next occurrence.
Robert

Post by Robert »

You could also ask Atlantis to highlight all instances of the selected text, then use the Selection panel to lock the selected fragments. And navigate from one locked fragment to the next through the same Selection panel.
Richard Watts

Post by Richard Watts »

Thank you so much Robert for pointing out the use of F3 like this, it makes navigation even better (I hadn't realised it did this in Atlantis). It really does help my work flow, your help was much appreciated!