Project too inclusive

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Shan

Project too inclusive

Post by Shan »

I would love to use the Project facility as
a) I'm moving into writing up chapters of my PhD which are organised into 8 Parts.
b) To back that I am gathering all my mass of notes into an A-Z Index to match each of the 8 Parts.

The thing I find difficult is the Help tells me
"all open documents are automatically included in the current document project,"

But I will have other documents active which are nothing to do with my research. All kinds of things like family stuff, business stuff.
I don't want the Project to automatically include anything.
Is there a way to block this auto inclusion? Otherwise the whole Project mode is not useful to me.

What I really want is to run a Project - or more than one Project - as self contained objects like documents. So I could have Project 1 Project 2 and also miscellaneous Doc1 Doc2 Doc3 - simultaneously.
If I want a document to be included in a Project I want to do that manually.
Shan

Post by Shan »

Hmmm I am trying out doing this just using Favorites.
I did not realise I could have folders in Favorites.
So I made folders in Favotires,
- one for my draft chapters - I already name each section of chapters with a number 1 Contents / 1 Intro/ 1 Background / 2 Speeches/ 2 Acts/ 3 Women 3 Men etc
- one for the A-Z Indexes that match these - they collect all my notes and quotes.

So far so good. This is powerful and simple - and I will save the ini file so it doesn't get lost.

It would be nice to add a folder to Favorites that automatically adds a folder I select in Explorer plus adds links to the documents it contains.
As I said I can't use Projects because it automatically adds open documents which messes up my folder structure.