what I miss

General comments and questions. Technical support.
adambo

what I miss

Post by adambo »

I really like Atlantis, but there are a few things I miss.<br>I have been used to work with ms word and have used a lot the horizontal line. (It's similar to the html hr, it goes across the whole width of the page).<br>The second things I would appreciate in new versions of Atlantis is the possibility to change the paragraph background. (To be able to write white on black, for ex.)<br>Bye<br>
admin
Site Admin

Re: what I miss

Post by admin »

Backround colors for text (or highlight) is scheduled for future releases.<br><br>About horizontal ruler. You could use a tab with leader character. Place a new tab stop (use the Ruler) closer to the right margin. Then double-click this tab stop on the Ruler. The Tabs window pops up. Specify a non-empty leader for this tab stop.<br>Now insert a new tab to your paragraph.
Max_Quordlepleen

Post by Max_Quordlepleen »

Nice to know that highlighting is on the way, thanks.<br>On the subject of drawn lines, they do come in hndy when creating forms, something like <br><br>Name:_________<br><br>Address:______<br><br>etc. Lines enable one to type over them, which can't be done with the tab rule method. It's not a big issue for me, but if adding it could be done without bloating Atlantis, it may well be worth considering. I already find myself doing the majority of my wordprocessing with Atlantis, and the refinements you have already mentioned as forthcoming, together with a few of the suggestions &nbsp;put forward by others would probably see me using anything other than Atlantis even less than I do now. Thanks.
Salaam alaikum, noho ora mai
http://maxqnz.com/References.html
Max_Quordlepleen

<br>
Max_Quordlepleen wrote:<br>something like <br><br>Name:_________<br><br>Address:______<br><br>etc. Lines enable one to type over them
<br><br><br>I have been giving some thought to the question of lines, and that led &nbsp;me to wonder about watermarks. Woul it be difficult to incorporate support for watermarks into Atlantis? Being able to create watermarks would mean that one could design custom forms that could easily be filled in, without affecting the original document. Plus, being able to embed objects as &nbsp;watermarks would enable one to &nbsp;superimpose text on pictures, taking further advantage of Atlantis' quite remarkable graphics-handling capabilities. I don't how you guys have managed to cram so many features into such a small package, and I do hope you don't mind me throwing these ideas around.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At least I do not rule out that such feature will be implemented one day.
Max_Quordlepleen

<br>
admin wrote:<br>At least I do not rule out that such feature will be implemented one day.<br>
<br><br><br>Thanks again. This forum is great, and the more I learn about Atlantis here, the better I like it.
Prince

Post by Prince »

Watermarks would be fine, but I as I am writing lots of letters both private and for the business headers and footers would be more important for me. <br><br>For the same reason I would appreciate a automatic date as I am used to it from Word and CA-Textor.
Just call me the Prince
JP_FONTAINE

Post by JP_FONTAINE »

I agree with you about headers and footers which are very useful. But, trying others word processors (like KiwiWord for example), I have seen that headers and footers didn't respect compatibility with RTF Microsoft specification.<br>What do you think about that ? (if somebody understand my very bad english)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RTF documents can contain 99% of document components supported by MS Word .doc files (including headers, tables, and frames).
Max_Quordlepleen

<br>
admin wrote:<br>RTF documents can contain 99% of document components supported by MS Word .doc files (including headers, tables, and frames).<br>
<br><br><br>I would just like to repeat that, as a simple user, I would love to see any and/or all of these "feature requests", but only if adding them wil not compromise the light, lean and nimble nature of Atlantis, which what attracted most of us to it in the first place. To the whole development team, a big thank you, and please don't feel pressured to add more bells and whistles just because we users are a greedy bunch! &nbsp;;) :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Right. This is a very complex question, Max. Each new feature should be added very carefully.
blork

Post by blork »

Hi folks, this is my first post here, as I've only been using Atlantis for about 30 minutes, but I can say this already... this package really rocks. Some of the features are absolutely wonderful. I like the fact that so much emphasis is placed on the features we really use. For example, the font previewer when choosing a font is like a miracle. <br><br>The only thing I miss are headers and footers, which I miss a lot. I use them a lot, but I'm going to try going without for a while. <br><br>I just got a super-slim laptop for a song because it's only a celeron 333 with 64mb RAM (which is lame by today's standards) and doesn't have a CD-ROM. I was going to borrow a portable CD-ROM, but now I think I'll just load Atlantis and use that exclusively.
Klaus_Thomas

Post by Klaus_Thomas »

As many others I miss headers/footers and also the<br>recognition (highlight/clickable) URL in a .TXT <br>document.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The AutoCorrect of Atlantis highlights Internet addresses. To activate an Internet address (to “click” it), hold the Ctrl down, then click the desired address.