Home site of Atlantis Word Processor
Atlantis Word Processor Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clickable URLS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max_Quordlepleen

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 5:06 am    Post subject: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

Is there any way to have urls made "live" in Atlantis? Or at least to have them formatted differently, like http://www.rssol.com
admin

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

In Atlantis you can "click" ("activate") a Web link (a Web page address or email) in the following way: hold the Ctrl down, and click the desired link.
Either your default Web browser or email client will be launched.
Max_Quordlepleen

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

In Atlantis you can "click" ("activate") a Web link (a Web page address or email) in the following way: hold the Ctrl down, and click the desired link.
Either your default Web browser or email client will be launched.

Thanks! The great thing about this forum is that one can get answers to all the little tricks that the Help file doesn't have listed. ;D

admin

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

Right.  Wink
Klaus

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint on URL recognition in autocorrect.
I did not expect it there. However,the mplementation
is not so user friendly as the rest of Atlantis.
I think it has nothing to do with auto-correct which is language dependent. A nice place would be in Option, where I decide if an URL is to be treated as a whole word.I like the URL recognition in READMEs (see Atlantis).
With the current implementation I need 5 additional mouse clicks to see the highlighted URL
- Edit file
- Tools-Autocorrect-Autocorrect All-Info (4 clicks)
- Close file (.TXT files are treated as changed ??)
- Confirm (1 click)  
Please think about a change.
admin

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Clickable URLS? Reply with quote

First, you could use a corresponding toolbar button to launch AutoCorrect.

>I think it has nothing to do with auto-correct
>which is language dependent

Klaus, you are very wrong here. Not all AutoCorrect options are language-dependent. Internet addresses are used similarly in any language.

>A nice place would be in Option, where I decide
>if an URL is to be treated as a whole word

I think you do not completely understand this option. The Color and underline Internet addresses option not just does “onscreen highlight” for URLs. It formats the document text (changes the font color and underlines Internet addresses). That’s why your TXT document was “modified”.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Did you know that ...

As a handy tool designed to manage crucial passwords securely, ImagiPass will help you encrypt documents with long reliable passwords. Click here for details...