Footnotes

General comments and questions. Technical support.
tmoody

Footnotes

Post by tmoody »

Well, I'm a new user of Atlantis Nova, and so far I'm impressed. &nbsp;It's ironic that there were far more word processing options under MSDOS. &nbsp;I think there is a market for a "middleweight" word processor, and Atlantis may be about ready to move into that position.<br><br>On the other hand, academics need a program that can handle footnotes, or at least endnotes. &nbsp;This seems to be a hurdle that separates the "lightweights" from the middleweights, and of course the "heavyweights" that are bloated with features.<br><br>Atlantis has nice support for styles, definitely a middleweight feature. &nbsp;Word Express is a middleweight program, but it is no longer being developed or maintained, and still has enough bugs to make it not entirely stable. &nbsp;Yeah Write is a nicely designed program, but still in the lightweight stage.<br><br>Star Office is obviously a heavyweight -- very heavy. &nbsp;And 602 Text also tends in that direction, although it's probably Atlantis' main rival.<br><br>Anyway, I just want to say that this is a nice piece of software, and I hope footnotes or endnotes become a reality soon.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Footnotes

Post by admin »

Support for footnotes/endnotes is scheduled for future releases of Atlantis.
tmoody

Post by tmoody »

<br>
admin wrote:<br>Support for footnotes/endnotes is scheduled for future releases of Atlantis.<br>
<br><br>Is there a timetable of planned future releases, features, etc? &nbsp;At the moment I'm using Star Office, because of its support for footnotes, but I'd like to switch to Atlantis as soon as possible. &nbsp;Star is far too large and unwieldy for most of my purposes. &nbsp;But for academic writing I definitely need the footnote or endnote feature (actually, endnotes are often preferred), so I must wait.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is hard to talk about timetables. New features will be developed as quickly as technically possible.