Registration Code

General comments and questions. Technical support.
Ringo

Registration Code

Post by Ringo »

I have been checking out the latest beta of Atlantis. Thanks you very, very much for adding the feature to turn off dialog boxes - in particular the one which appears when opening external links to files not supported by Atlantis like exe files. The program launcher document I use to launch programs on my USB memory drive works like a dream now. You really know your stuff and these new features are really well thought out.

I am noticing one new problem though. I installed the new beta on my USB memory drive rather than on my hard drive since it is a beta. Each time I run it, it asks for the registration code to be entered. If I enter it, which it confirms and accepts, then close Atlantis and then reopen it, it will ask for the registration code again. If I delete the Atlantis.ini file before running it, then it runs without asking for the code. But regardless of whether I save the Atlantis.ini file or just close Atlantis without saving it - either way a new Atlantis.ini file is saved. Upon reopening Atlantis once again, it requests the registration code once more. So appearently the code is not being stored properly in the ini file as it once was. Despite the problem with the beta version, the older version on my hard drive works as it should with regard to the registration code. I running Win98SE if that's any help...

Thanks for the new features... Ringo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I cannot reproduce this.

As I understand, you still have the older Atlantis.exe on your hard disk. You could copy this older Atlantis.exe to your USB drive, and launch it. Does this older Atlantis.exe save the reg. code to the ini file properly?

The new Atlantis.exe is slightly bigger than the Atlantis.exe of the previous official release. Also the new Atlantis.exe might automatically create additional folders on the USB drive (“Clip Library”, “Clip Library\Images”). The Atlantis.ini might be quite big (up to 150 KB). Please make sure that your USB drive has enough free space. The new Atlantis.exe might be unable to save INI file to your USB drive due to the lack of free space on that drive.

Could you send the INI file from your USB drive to betatesting@rssol.com ?
Ringo

Post by Ringo »

I have 70+ MBs of free space on the USB drive, so I don't think that is the problem. I had the old Atlantis version already set up on the USB drive (which was working fine) and just over-wrote the old Atlantis.exe with the beta a0 I downloaded earlier. I just downloaded beta a1, so I'll play with it tonight and see what happens. If I can't get it going I'll email you my ini file tomorrow...

...Ringo