Save picture as

General comments and questions. Technical support.

Save picture as

Post by 1953 »

When I right click on a picture in Atlantis and save picture as I get more save options (picture) than if I click on save as on the toolbar. I have only just noticed this, has it always been the same or is it a problem with the new build.
Robert

Re: Save picture as

Post by Robert »

1953 wrote: When I right click on a picture in Atlantis and save picture as I get more save options (picture) than if I click on save as on the toolbar. I have only just noticed this, has it always been the same or is it a problem with the new build.
Hi, 1953!
I am getting exactly the same picture formats whether I right-click on a picture and use the "Save Picture As..." command, or click the "Save picture as..." toolbar button.
I think that you might be confusing the formats available when using the "Insert picture" command and the formats available when using the "Save Picture As..." command.
It so happens that Atlantis supports more picture formats when pictures are inserted than when pictures are saved as, i.e. are converted.
Here are extracts from the Atlantis help ("pictures" keyword search):

Atlantis allows you to INSERT PICTURES of the following graphic formats:

Bitmaps (BMP)
Enhanced Metafiles (EMF)
Metafiles (WMF)
JPEG Images (JPG)
CompuServe GIF Images (GIF)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Zsoft Paint Brush Images (PCX)
Truevision Targa Images (TGA)
Tag Image File Format (TIF)
Kodak Photo CD (PCD)
Windows Icons (ICO)
Cursors (CUR)
Animated Cursors (ANI)

Atlantis allows to SAVE PICTURES in the following graphic formats:

Bitmaps (BMP)
Enhanced Metafiles (EMF)
Metafiles (WMF)
JPEG Images (JPG)
CompuServe GIF Images (GIF)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Tag Image File Format (TIF)

As you can see, not so many formats are supported for converting than for inserting.
Cheers,
Robert