Bookmark & Shading questions

General comments and questions. Technical support.
andygrunt

Bookmark & Shading questions

Post by andygrunt »

Bookmarks
In certain documents I have a list of odd bookmarks that I didn't add (so I presume Atlantis added them). They are named things like '_Hlt130698399' and appear in the middle of words. The docs are old 'Word' docs (I use Word 2002) that I'm now editing in Atlantis.

I can delete these odd bookmarks individually but that's a pain to do as there are hundreds of them. As there are so many of them, it would be easier to delete ALL bookmarks and re-insert the real ones again but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

There are also bookmarks that appear when I add a 'Table of Contents' (e.g. '_Toc170571483'). These are a pain when I'm trying to find one of my 'proper' bookmarks in amongst a list of several dozen TOC bookmarks.

So, my questions are:

1 - What are the '_Hlt' bookmarks?
2 - Is there an easy/quick way to get rid of them?
3 - Failing that, is there an easy/quick way to delete ALL bookmarks in a document?
4 - Can the TOC bookmarks be hidden from view in the bookmark list so only bookmarks I've added are shown?

Shading
A feature I use often in Word is the 'Borders and Shading' in the 'Format' menu. Actually it's mostly the shading I'm interested in. I add a light grey shading to my headings (making them stand out more, showing the division between sections more clearly and just generally looking more attractive). In case it makes it clearer, the end result happens to look rather like the 'field shading' seen in Atlantis.

5 - Can I reproduce the same effect in Atlantis? I can't find a 'shading' option anywhere.

Thanks.
Robert

Re: deleting bookmarks

Post by Robert »

Hi,
"In certain documents I have a list of odd bookmarks that I didn't add (so I presume Atlantis added them). They are named things like '_Hlt130698399' and appear in the middle of words. The docs are old 'Word' docs (I use Word 2002) that I'm now editing in Atlantis."
Atlantis does not add bookmarks automatically. These are the kind of bookmark names used by MS Word to manage hyperlinks and TOCs.
"Is there an easy/quick way to get rid of them?"
The easiest way is from the Control Board "Bookmarks" panel. Click in the "Bookmarks" panel to select the first bookmark to delete. Press the "Del" key and hold it down until all bookmarks have been removed.
"A feature I use often in Word is the 'Borders and Shading' in the 'Format' menu. Actually it's mostly the shading I'm interested in. I add a light gray shading to my headings (making them stand out more, showing the division between sections more clearly and just generally looking more attractive). In case it makes it clearer, the end result happens to look rather like the 'field shading' seen in Atlantis. Can I reproduce the same effect in Atlantis? I can't find a 'shading' option anywhere."
Atlantis has no 'Borders and Shading' feature yet. But you can achieve the same effect as the 'field shading' seen in Atlantis if you format the target text with a highlighting color of the appropriate shade of gray. Use the toolbar "Highlight" button and click "More Colors..." for a wider choice of colors if necessary.

Hope this helps.
Robert
andygrunt

Re: deleting bookmarks

Post by andygrunt »

Thanks for the reply.