Full screen

General comments and questions. Technical support.

Full screen

Post by Guest »

is there a way to automatically start Atlantis in full screen mode?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You could add the "-fs" (or "-FullScreen") switch to the command-line of Atlantis:

Atlantis.exe -fs

Post by Guest »

Thank you. Now is it possible to have a normal Atlantis and a full screen icon on the desctop? if so how. many thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You could create two Desktop icons of Atlantis.
The command-line of the first icon should be:

"C:\Program Files\Atlantis\Atlantis.exe"

The command-line of another icon should be:

"C:\Program Files\Atlantis\Atlantis.exe" -fs

The simplest way to create the second icon, is by clicking the first icon, then choosing copy, then right-clicking the Desktop, and choosing Paste.
Laren

OPEN FULL SCREEN

Post by Laren »

Hi, Admin, you beat me to it! I was trying out the same thing to see if it would work (Win98SE) and it does. The only thing I would add is that if you do not have a document loaded when you click the "FS" icon, you'll get nothing but a blank gray screen. You'll have to hit ESC to get out of full screen in order to load a document... which defeats the whole idea in the first place.

Seems like more work than it's worth...?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In Full Screen mode you can still access the main menu of Atlantis if you ride your mouse against the very top edge of screen.

Post by Guest »

admin wrote: In Full Screen mode you can still access the main menu of Atlantis if you ride your mouse against the very top edge of screen.
Tried this does not work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When the mouse pointer is at the very top edge of screen, you should left-click your mouse to pull down the main menu:

Max_Quordlepleen

Post by Max_Quordlepleen »

admin wrote: When the mouse pointer is at the very top edge of screen, you should left-click your mouse to pull down the main menu:
Excellent! They are all there! I can see myself using F9 mode a lot more often now. Thanks.
Salaam alaikum, noho ora mai
http://maxqnz.com/References.html
Laren

Full screen

Post by Laren »

Hi, Max. Thanks for suggesting I get on the beta tester team. I got to use 1.5.0.0 earlier, and was impressed with the speedy improvements once they got started. Very much worth waiting for.

Now if someone would just write a comprehensive book on using Atlantis... Well, I'd be willing to pay fifteen bucks or so for a copy. How about the rest of you Atlantis users?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We plan to release a multimedia tutorial on CD for Atlantis users in a not too distant future.

Post by guest »

admin wrote: In Full Screen mode you can still access the main menu of Atlantis if you ride your mouse against the very top edge of screen.
Ah, I was wondering how do we know where a certain drop down menue was in full screen mode when left clicking, but if we drag the mouse pointer along the top of the screen it shows each drop down menus in turn. This is very clever. I wasn't shure of what you meant at first.