Spellchecker not responding

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
centurian

Spellchecker not responding

Post by centurian »

Hi
Although I've checked the box next to Spell checker it doesn't seem to be working. I can't be that good at spelling that it doesn't need to pop up now and then.

I've even gone back over my work with an Oxford English Dictionary at my side because a couple of times a word didn't look right and I corrected it.

Are there any other dictionaries I can add into the program as a
'just in case' option.

One last thing, is there a way to have a single page on the screen instead of a two page spread. It disappears when I open a 'Control Board' on the left of the screen, but when you close that window the two page spread reapers.

Thanks a lot.

Michael
(centurian)
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Michael,
Have you checked both “Spellcheck-As-You-Type” and “underline misspellings” in “Tools | Options…” (“Spellcheck” tab)?
Is the target text marked as belonging to the English language in the status bar? If not, select it first and use the “Format | Language…” dialog.
By default, Atlantis installs with the US and UK English spellcheckers. You should not need to reinstall them.

Have you tried using “Page Width”, or “Text Width”, or “Whole Pages” as available from the toolbar “Zoom” drop-down?
HTH.
Cheers.
Robert