How to close without saving

General comments and questions. Technical support.
prf

How to close without saving

Post by prf »

Hi - This is my first post, though I have owned Atlantis since its initial release. I'd like to close a document without naming and saving it, typically because I've used it to make notes or to try something. How do I close a document without first saving it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you try closing a "modified" document, Atlantis displays a confirmation dialog:

This dialog has a "Do not ask again" box. If you check this box, then click the "No" button of the confirmation dialog, Atlantis would not display this dialog again. Atlantis would close "modified" documents without saving changes, and no confirmation dialog would be displayed. But I discourage you from disabling this particular confirmation dialog because you might lose data when accidentally closing a modified document that you actually wanted to save.
prf

Post by prf »

I am using version 1.6.5.8. The dialog box is different from what is posted above. It's a large box that has file name, save as type, and folder, and the options are save and cancel. Cancel returns me to the document. There is no option to simply abandon changes. That's also the case if the document has already been named, even if I close it before the autosave period has lapsed. De-selecting autosave doesn't solve the problem. As I see it, a document must be created even if I don't want it. Changes will be saved even if I don't want them.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi,
Open the “Tools | Options…” dialog.
Press the “Optional Messages…” button.
Make sure that the “Document ‘###’ has been modified. Save changes?” optional message is checked (see picture below).
OK out of all open dialogs to confirm your changes.

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert
Attachments
Save_changes.png
Save_changes.png (12.62 KiB) Viewed 6318 times
Robert

Post by Robert »

P.S.
There is another possibility.
On your toolbars, you should normally have an “Undo All” button (see picture below). Switch toolbars if you cannot see this button on the current toolbars.
When you have opened a document, and made changes to it that you do not want to keep (save), simply press the “Undo All” button before closing the document. This will return the document to the state it was in when you opened it.
Attachments
Screenshot09.png
Screenshot09.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 6313 times
prf

Post by prf »

Checking the optional message plus not autosaving does the trick. Thanks.