Home site of Atlantis Word Processor
Atlantis Word Processor Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request to REMOVE a feature (unusual I know)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis WILLIAMS

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Request to REMOVE a feature (unusual I know) Reply with quote

Atlanteans, Greeting s from Sydney AUSTRALIA.

I have been using Atlantis for less than a year - oh how I miss MicroLimp's ribbon - NOT! (I use Orifice 2010 for work only and even then not all the time if I can press Atlantis into service).

I will not contribute to the requests for a TABLE function as that has been aired a good few times I have determined already.

My only gripe is the unnecessary (as I see it) echo message that appears after spellchecking, the one that tells me I've been spellchecking (duh!) and that no words were changed (when I added a new word to my personal dictionary). This seems TOTALLY unnecessary and adds one more mouse click (or ESC possibly, I haven't tried) to interrupt my train of thought.

I say ditch this 'glitch'.

Atlantis is one of my better software finds over more than 30 years of toying with PCs of various descriptions.

Warm regards to all,

LeW Very Happy

Atlantis message 2012-02-15 180534.png
 Description:
Who needs it!
 Filesize:  17.05 KB
 Viewed:  1815 Time(s)

Atlantis message 2012-02-15 180534.png

Robert

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis,
Strictly-speaking, this message does not tell you that you have been spellchecking; it tells you that spellchecking is complete. And when you add a word to your personal dictionary, no change is made in the document regarding that word.
This message is useful because it informs you that the whole document (or the whole selection) was checked. In other words, it won’t be displayed until or unless all of the document or all of the current selection has been spellchecked.
You can easily dismiss this message with a mouse click, or a press on the Enter or ESC key.
This should not affect your train of thought any more than the clicks you give to add words to your personal dictionary. Wink
Cheers,
Robert
Stirlitz

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert wrote:
You can easily dismiss this message with a mouse click, or a press on the Enter or ESC key.
Why not add a checkbox "never display this message again" like it is done in other Atlantis messages?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be added in the next release of Atlantis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Did you know that ...

You can specify the various document templates to be used for the creation of new documents. Choose
New | Formats and Templates... in the File menu. Click here for details...