Title Bar Showing File name

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Franklinr

Title Bar Showing File name

Post by Franklinr »

In the Windows taskbar tabs I can see one or two words of the document title in both Word and LibreOffice Writer. But not so with Atlantis. The tab shows the complete name of the software and we have to put our cursor on it to see what file it is. This is what is showing in the document title bar at the top;
Atlantis Word Processor [filename.rtf]

I would like to see a change to be more like those other two word processors which both show:
Document name - Program name

This would then show the file name first on the Windows taskbar.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Franklin,
Even if I hover the mouse pointer over the Atlantis button on the Windows 10 Taskbar, the Atlantis button caption only reads “Atlantis Word Processor”. There is no other “screen tip” than “Atlantis Word Processor”. I am not sure if any file name could be displayed there. We need to see what the Atlantis developers have to say about this.

This said, it is necessary for Word to display “Document name - Program name” because, in Word, each document has its own button on the Windows Taskbar, and its own document window within Word. With MS Word, identifying which button brings up which document is essential. With Atlantis, things are different. Atlantis is itself a multi-tab application. Atlantis has only one single Taskbar button. The Atlantis document buttons/tabs can only be found within Atlantis. So you cannot choose which document you are going to edit in Atlantis from the Windows Taskbar. You need to open Atlantis first, then select which document you want to work with. Actually, the Atlantis Taskbar button does not serve any other purpose than that of bringing focus to Atlantis.
HTH.
Cheers.
Robert