Request to REMOVE a feature (unusual I know)

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Lewis WILLIAMS

Request to REMOVE a feature (unusual I know)

Post by Lewis WILLIAMS »

Atlanteans, Greeting s from Sydney AUSTRALIA.

I have been using Atlantis for less than a year - oh how I miss MicroLimp's ribbon - NOT! (I use Orifice 2010 for work only and even then not all the time if I can press Atlantis into service).

I will not contribute to the requests for a TABLE function as that has been aired a good few times I have determined already.

My only gripe is the unnecessary (as I see it) echo message that appears after spellchecking, the one that tells me I've been spellchecking (duh!) and that no words were changed (when I added a new word to my personal dictionary). This seems TOTALLY unnecessary and adds one more mouse click (or ESC possibly, I haven't tried) to interrupt my train of thought.

I say ditch this 'glitch'.

Atlantis is one of my better software finds over more than 30 years of toying with PCs of various descriptions.

Warm regards to all,

LeW :D
Attachments
Who needs it!
Who needs it!
Atlantis message 2012-02-15 180534.png (15.01 KiB) Viewed 17502 times
LeW
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Lewis,
Strictly-speaking, this message does not tell you that you have been spellchecking; it tells you that spellchecking is complete. And when you add a word to your personal dictionary, no change is made in the document regarding that word.
This message is useful because it informs you that the whole document (or the whole selection) was checked. In other words, it won’t be displayed until or unless all of the document or all of the current selection has been spellchecked.
You can easily dismiss this message with a mouse click, or a press on the Enter or ESC key.
This should not affect your train of thought any more than the clicks you give to add words to your personal dictionary. :wink:
Cheers,
Robert
Stirlitz

Post by Stirlitz »

Robert wrote:You can easily dismiss this message with a mouse click, or a press on the Enter or ESC key.
Why not add a checkbox "never display this message again" like it is done in other Atlantis messages?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It will be added in the next release of Atlantis.
Stirlitz

Post by Stirlitz »

admin wrote:It will be added in the next release of Atlantis.
Good job.