DOn't like those niggardly one pixel mouse handles

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
Van

DOn't like those niggardly one pixel mouse handles

Post by Van »

Hi there, I must tell you I simply hate those one pixel thick active spots (lines) where you grab with your mouse and drag the separator between window, like between the main view and the side window (the one where you see your bookmarks for example)

Why make it so hard to center mouse on that line to grab, is that some game if you succede you win jackpot or what?

Second thing that bugs me which I figure can be setup but I don't know where. Its the grammar correction. Sometimes I just want to make double capitals at the start of the word or use capital inside sentence or not use capital at the start of sentence (like when you jot down passwords and such likes. There are some other auto corrections that get to me like that. I suppose I could turn it off but in many cases its handy to have it.

Third thing, could we have colored bookmarks?? Or some markup. Also could bookmarks be arranged in trees, nested?

These are all things that bug me for a long time now and finally in the middle of doing other things I can't help it but tell you.
Out with it...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi there, I must tell you I simply hate those one pixel thick active spots (lines) where you grab with your mouse and drag the separator between window, like between the main view and the side window (the one where you see your bookmarks for example)

Why make it so hard to center mouse on that line to grab, is that some game if you succede you win jackpot or what?
The "resize" line of the Control Board of Atlantis is two pixels thick.
Did you try to change the mouse sensitivity on the "Pointer Options" tab of the "Mouse" applet of the Windows Control Panel?
Second thing that bugs me which I figure can be setup but I don't know where. Its the grammar correction. Sometimes I just want to make double capitals at the start of the word or use capital inside sentence or not use capital at the start of sentence (like when you jot down passwords and such likes. There are some other auto corrections that get to me like that. I suppose I could turn it off but in many cases its handy to have it.
The AutoCorrect as-you-type can be disabled through the "Tools | AutoCorrect Options..." menu command of Atlantis. You can also undo individual corrections by presssing Ctrl+Z immediately after the automatic change has been made.
Third thing, could we have colored bookmarks?? Or some markup. Also could bookmarks be arranged in trees, nested?
Sorry, but bookmarks in RTFs and DOCs cannot be arranged in that way.
Van

Post by Van »

Thanks, the 2 pixels then is too thin, takes some doing to stop my mouse on it, and yes I like agile mouse movement...

Some programs make wider region in the middle of the dividing line (typically ~1 inch long) which is probably some 6 pixels wide or whatever, which makes for more sure grabbing.

Thanks for other tips, I shouldn't be lazy and dive into help documentation one of these days.

-------------------------------------

I remember now thinking once if it would be worthwhile for you guys to make 'Atlantis-Notepad' .txt edition of Atlantis (or maybe Atlantis-Mempad). It would be greatly limited Atlantis but with more features than typical Notepad has, like preserving the ability to make .cod files among other, that tree like arranging of memos would be nice to have too.

Actually it wouldn't have to be separate program, how about a button on toolbar which would switch to such notepad mode or maybe some hotkey which when pressed at startup would make Atlantis open as notepad...

However it would take some research among existing beefed up notepad apps to see if there would be some niche Atlantis notepad could fit into, then again it wouldn't have to have some exclusive abilities, simply pure convenience for Atlantis users might be sufficient reason?
Out with it...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Van wrote:I remember now thinking once if it would be worthwhile for you guys to make 'Atlantis-Notepad' .txt edition of Atlantis (or maybe Atlantis-Mempad). It would be greatly limited Atlantis but with more features than typical Notepad has, like preserving the ability to make .cod files among other, that tree like arranging of memos would be nice to have too.
Atlantis has the Draft view mode. You can use it when you do not need WYSIWYG editing.