An Encoding problem and a suggestion

General comments and questions. Technical support.
erion

An Encoding problem and a suggestion

Post by erion »

Hello,

I'd like to report an encoding issue during html and ebook conversion.
Using the latest beta (1.6.5.2 b8), saving any rtf document (probably others too) in htm or epub, the following characters are written in an incorrect encoding:
ő (337, 0x151) becomes õ (245, 0xf5)
ű (369, 0x171) becomes û (251, 0xfb)
This is also true for the uppercase variants: Ő and Ű becomes Õ and Û.
The saved html files (both in htm and epub) are proper utf8 files.

Since Atlantis can be used to convert non-English documents to ebook format as well, the title of the cover page (Title Page) may not be appropriate in such cases. Could a feature be added so that one is able to specify the title of the cover page (e.g. in the ebook properties window)?

Cheers,
Erion
Robert

Re: An Encoding problem and a suggestion

Post by Robert »

erion wrote:Since Atlantis can be used to convert non-English documents to ebook format as well, the title of the cover page (Title Page) may not be appropriate in such cases. Could a feature be added so that one is able to specify the title of the cover page (e.g. in the ebook properties window)?
Hi,
Regarding the default title caption, you can change it if you place your custom title in a separate paragraph right at the beginning of the source document, and if you apply the Heading 1 style and “Strikeout” font format to it before saving to the EPUB format. Please have a look at this blog entry:

http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspot.c ... ers-2.html

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert
erion

Post by erion »

Hi,

Thank you very much, this seems to do the trick.

Erion
admin
Site Admin

Re: An Encoding problem and a suggestion

Post by admin »

erion wrote:I'd like to report an encoding issue during html and ebook conversion.
Using the latest beta (1.6.5.2 b8), saving any rtf document (probably others too) in htm or epub, the following characters are written in an incorrect encoding:
ő (337, 0x151) becomes õ (245, 0xf5)
ű (369, 0x171) becomes û (251, 0xfb)
This is also true for the uppercase variants: Ő and Ű becomes Õ and Û.
The saved html files (both in htm and epub) are proper utf8 files.
I cannot reproduce this encoding problem. If I copy your entire post in Internet Explorer or Firefox, then paste to Atlantis, then save as eBook, the extended characters get saved to EPUB correctly.

If you have a document with those extended characters that Atlantis does not save to EPUB correctly, could you please email it to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com?