Atlantis word is great but it would be the best if...

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
zaratoustra

Atlantis word is great but it would be the best if...

Post by zaratoustra »

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for my english (i am not very good at writing it). I have been testing Atlantis for one month.

Atlantis word is really great but it would be the best if tables were presents...

Tables are so important for presenting data nowadays (in my job, we use tables for presenting results) and i dont understand why they are not present in Atlantis.

So much software have got tables (abiword, tomahawk pdf + and so on...) and Atlantis still not have tables for years (i read different topics about that). I dont understand why... Even software for notes (like mynoteskeeper) has got tables... Its really annoying.

Each time i need table i have to open Word. I am really fed up with this. So please developpers : do something for this and bring to us the best word application in the world by inserting tables (it is the only that is missing) !

I must say that i am working in marketing : in my job we are listening with attention our customers to improve our products. I think that programers should ear our request to improve their products.

Many peoples here ask for this for long time so please consider this !

Thanks for a so nice program.
I will buy it when tables will be presents. I go back to Word :-( but i have no choice.

Thanks for your attention !

David
luha

Post by luha »

Possibly tables will be available before the end of 2006.
andygrunt

Post by andygrunt »

As someone who rarely needs tables, it's not that big a deal for me. Having said that, it can be annoying when I use Atlantis to open a Word doc and the formatting gets scrambled because the file contains a table or two meaning I end up having to use Word anyway.

But I am curious why an obviously very popular requested feature (possibly the most requested feature judging by several years worth of forum posts?) isn't in Atlantis. Despite monitoring this forum for years, I don't recall seeing the developer(s) explaining in detail why Tables are missing and (presumably) not being prioritised or worked on.

Perhaps it would be worth a 'sticky' post at the top of the 'Feature Request' forum explaining it as well as listing the features planned and being worked on? i.e. a roadmap of the work being planned for Atlantis.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry, but we do not have a roadmap to publish. As soon as we get news about new features of Atlantis, we will post them to our site and Atlantis Word Processor Blog.
andygrunt

Post by andygrunt »

That's a shame but perhaps you misunderstand what I mean by 'roadmap'?

I just meant a list of features you're thinking of adding to Atlantis and their rough priority (i.e. the order in which you intend to work on them). Extra information such as an E.T.A. and description of the design and programming challenges of implementing the features would also be welcome but not a necessity.

At the least, I'd suggest a 'sticky' explaining the absence of Tables would save the Atlantis users (and potential users) the hassle of searching and/or asking and you, the hassle of answering the same question a number of times.