Adding the font family feature (serif, sans-serif, etc.) ?

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
thedream

Adding the font family feature (serif, sans-serif, etc.) ?

Post by thedream »

Hi there,

After a lots of testings exporting documents from Atlantis to ePub and checking under the famous Apple iPad, I have discover that Apple is not respecting the use of the font embedded, in the ePub file, perfectly generated by Atlantis !!

I have discover that a solution is to add in the font family feature of the css file regarding every style, after the family name, the generic family as serif, sans-serif, cursive or monospace, in accordance with CCS.

Dear O great Master of Creation of the fabulous application is Atlantis, could you be kind enough to add this feature in a quickest way ?

Here is an example for you (I know you know, but it's for readers...):
Before:

Code: Select all

.t0{
font-family:"Bell MT";
font-size:1em;
color:#ff6600
}
After:

Code: Select all

.t0{
font-family:"Bell MT", serif;
font-size:1em;
color:#ff6600
}
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of the beta version of Atlantis Word Processor puts the fallback font names in the CSS file of generated EPUBs. This will improve the display on systems which do not support font embedding, or in case with EPUBs without embedded fonts. But this does not fix the problem with font embedding on eBook readers like iPad. iPad simply does not support font embedding.

By the way, you can always upgrade your copy of beta version of Atlantis through the "Help | Check for Updates..." menu command.