Using the correct author

Request new features or suggest modifications to existing features of Atlantis.
fandeboris

Using the correct author

Post by fandeboris »

I did search through the forum and couldn't find a reference. When I get ready to create an epub I get my user name instead of the correct author on the meta data page. I usually work around this anomaly, but sometimes I get in a hurry and have my name as the author of the book.
Is there anyway for Atlantis to pick up the author tag from the front page and place the name in the correct place, It gets the title just fine, but the author needs tweeking

Thanks
Robert

Post by Robert »

In Atlantis, you create RTF, DOC, or DOCX files before converting them to the EPUB, and optionally MOBI file format. Of course, it is most advisable to save these RTF, DOC, or DOCX source documents to hard disk. Now, whenever you save a document to hard disk in Atlantis, you can get Atlantis to systematically “offer document properties on saving” (Tools | Options… > Load/Save tab):

Unless otherwise specified, Atlantis will naturally offer your registered “User name” as the “author” of the saved document:

So if you want to save another name as the document author, you need to activate “offer document properties on saving” on the “Load/Save” tab. When you save a document for the first time, Atlantis will display the Document Properties dialog for the document. This is where you should specify the document real author. Atlantis will automatically use the saved Author name for the EPUB metadata.

HTH.
Cheers,
Robert