Page display has changed and I can't retrieve what I had

General comments and questions. Technical support.
ironhat

Page display has changed and I can't retrieve what I had

Post by ironhat »

I recently replaced a HDD, preparatory to an impending crash, it would seem. When Atlantis was restored I had several long files of pictures copied from the web and resized such that they presented three abreast. When I tabbed the Print Layout View icon the pictures would separate into a display of one.
Now, the 'three abreast' presentation is gone no matter which of the two icons I choose (Draft View or Print Layout View) the desired display does not reappear. How do I retrieve the desired display along with the 'Print Layout View'.

Thanks in advance for the anticipated good advice,
Charles
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What about the zooming factor in your document? Has it changed?
ironhat

Post by ironhat »

No change in the zoom function (If zoom is different than the 'enlarge by % in the toolbar, please inform me).
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Charles,
Did you resize your pictures in Draft View? If so, was the following option activated?

If it was, this means that you resized your “three abreast” pictures to fit within the Atlantis document window, and not within the actual width of the document page.
In other words, you might not have scaled down the “three abreast” pictures enough to fit within the actual page width.
If this is the case, you’ll have to resize all of your pictures… Or change the page "paper" format.
HTH.
Cheers,
Robert
ironhat

Post by ironhat »

You nailed it again, Robert. I re-applied the 'x' in the box and all was well. I apologize for failing to respond but health issues have beset me. I can't really imagine that it matters to you (No flame intended).
I'm, bothering to comment on the results for the benefit of future searchers, too. So often when I perform a search and find a relevant one it just stops without a comment on how it turned out. So, end product is that Robert got my stones out of the fire once again.

Much appreciated, Robert!!
Charles
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Charles,
There was no need to apologize at all! We are glad to hear that your health worries are a thing of the past. Or at least they have abated.

Regarding your “three-abreast” pictures, don’t forget that they have been aligned within the current width of the Atlantis document window. If you intend to print this document on paper, make sure the pictures will still be printed as designed by switching the “Print Layout” mode on beforehand. If this document is meant to be displayed on any other screen than yours, be aware that the “three-abreast” alignment of the pictures is most likely going to be disrupted because of a smaller or wider screen.

Now, what exactly did you mean by “So often when I perform a search and find a relevant one it just stops without a comment on how it turned out.”?
Cheers,
Robert
ironhat

Answer to Robert

Post by ironhat »

I guess you gathered that I didn't return to this thread since you last posted that question, "Now, what exactly did you mean by “So often when I perform a search and find a relevant one it just stops without a comment on how it turned out.”?

Now, the explanation: I'm sure that most everybody has done a search and have found a thread which seemed to be right on but the last thread posted was in need of a response but, nobody did. The thread was abandoned leaving you wondering what was done or how it worked out or what tweak was applied by the questioner. I'm just completing the thread with how it turned out. It may have required a statement from me of something further which was required by me to get the best result. The reason for not posting a question for clarification is that searches frequently take you to long-deceased threads. OK, that's the explanation.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Charles,
There is only one reason why some threads seem to have been abandoned: the OP never returned to the thread with the required clarification or never bothered to say “thank you, this solved my problem”. But this is not peculiar to the Atlantis Forum. It is happening in every forum. Very often the OPs don’t bother to follow through on their own requests.
Cheers,
Robert