Odd Behavior - List Control Board

General comments and questions. Technical support.
jpavel

Odd Behavior - List Control Board

Post by jpavel »

There is some unintended behavior of the "Show (Listtype)" combo-box in the List Control Board that makes it inconvenient to work with.

To replicate the problem.

1. Open or create a new document
2. Open the List control board
3. Type a few characters in the document, so that it is modified.
4. Click the dropdown combobox that lets you select which types of list to show in the control board. You'll notice that the selected type always jumps back to the currently selected type.

If the document is unmodified, this behavior doesn't occur. I've tested this with Windows 7 & 8.1.

Best,
Jesse
Robert

Post by Robert »

This is not happening here (Windows 8.1) with Atlantis version 1.6.6.2.
Could you please send your current settings to support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com?
“Tools | Options > Save to File…”
Thanks.
jpavel

Post by jpavel »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply -- I found that one option determines this behavior:

Spellcheck as you Type

If it is on, then this behavior doesn't occur; it must be off to exhibit the issue. If you still don't see the behavior on your machine, I'll send the .ini file as you wrote.

Thanks,
Jesse
Robert

Post by Robert »

You’re right. When Spellcheck-As-You-Type is off, the items in that drop-down list cannot be selected properly.
No doubt this will soon be fixed.
There is still a workaround: switch to an empty document, choose the type of list you want displayed, then go back to the original document. The chosen list type will be filtered normally.
jpavel

Post by jpavel »

Thanks for verifying, Robert.

If possible, can you send me a link to a pre-release version once this is fixed: I'm currently working on a long document with a lot of lists, and it would be much more convenient.

- Jesse
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hi Jesse,
I just found another workaround:
1. Place the mouse pointer over the unexpanded drop-down until the latter becomes highlighted in blue (i.e. selected).
2. Don’t move the mouse pointer, and slowly scroll the mouse wheel up (or down).
The next list type will automatically be selected.
3. Keep scrolling the wheel until the desired list type gets selected.
HTH.
Cheers,
Robert