Home site of Atlantis Word Processor
Atlantis Word Processor Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong suggestion in AutoCorrect (Portuguese)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> Betatesting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Wrong suggestion in AutoCorrect (Portuguese) Reply with quote

Happy New Year to you all!

When I use AutoCorrect to check for discrepancies, it always stops at words with an hyphen (in Portuguese) suggesting extra space. Example of words: torna-se, amo-te, cansa-se. Obviously the suggestions are wrong.
Please tell me what can I do to prevent this?

Thanks

Eduardo
admin

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot reproduce this under the default settings of Atlantis. Have you adjusted the "Smart space management > rules" of Atlantis ("Tools | AutoCorrect Options... > Rules...")? The AutoCorrect might suggest missing spaces after hyphens if the "Smart space management > rules" dialog says that hyphens require a space after. Please make sure that the "Space AFTER the following punctuation signs" box of the "Tools | AutoCorrect Options... > Rules..." dialog does not include a hyphen:

smart_space_management_rules.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.05 KB
 Viewed:  8402 Time(s)

smart_space_management_rules.gif

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your suggestion and changed the AutoCorrect options to "default" and corrected the problem.

Thanks again.

Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Atlantis Word Processor Forum Index -> Betatesting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Did you know that ...

You can reorder the structure of the active document using Drag & Drop in the Headings panel of the Atlantis Control Board. Dragging the panel items up or down automatically moves the corresponding headings and their associated text up or down the document itself. Dragging in a horizontal direction promotes or demotes the corresponding heading(s) in the active document.